Monday 19 May 2014

Tween birthday and rainbow splash cupcakes!

Hello Dear Reader,
My daughter turned 10 on Sunday. Double digit can't believe the time has gone that quickly. We celebrated her birthday yesterday as she was in my Ex on her birthday! Which is strange and everybody who is divorced will understand when you are not there the morning of birthdays!

I made her rainbow cupcakes to come home to - these were a quick development of mine using my favourite cupcake recipes. Over the years I have tried and tested a lot of cupcake recipes. But this one never fails and produces very moist and excellent cupcakes. To get the rainbow splash effect I dropped different colours into my mixer on slow speed at the end. I could have coloured different parts of the mix but this gave a splashed colour effect.

Takes: 30 minutes

51/2 oz 150g unsalted butter
5 1/2 oz 150g superfine sugar
6oz / 175g self-raising flour
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
Red and green food colours

Preheat oven to 350F/180C/Gas mark 4, line 12 cup muffin tin with paper cases
Put all ingredients in mixer and beat.
Then drop red and green (other colours your have available) into the batter and gently fold in.
Bake for 20 minutes or until risen and just firm
Decorate with icing and strawberry jellies.


Em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment