Thursday 29 May 2014

Kids and goal setting!

Hello Dear Reader,
I've just asked my kids for 3 places or things they would like to see or do in the next three months. It surprised me when I shared my goals with them, they fancied doing one of them with me.. It is important to ask them WHY do they want to do / or go there? What will it give them in terms of experience or expectations? How will they make them feel?

If you want to make things happen in your life, you have to set GOALS. I have learned goal setting from the best, Tony Robbins. http://training.tonyrobbins.com/meet-your-goals-with-massive-action-planning/#more-3127


Here is how it works in a nutshell:

1. Make a list of things you & (kids / partner) want to accomplish in next 3 months. That list becomes your goals. Do NOT be afraid to go big!
2. Then, divide your goals into 1 month, 2 month, 3 month deadlines. Organise budget or trade in Tesco points, look for deals on voucher web sites if it is to Theme parks.
3. Next, assign an action to each of your goals. This is something that you will do daily, weekly, monthly, etc to help you reach your goal, as well as keep you on track. Research the HOW..
4. Make it happen with the kids so they get a perspective of planning and doing to achieve the goals..!


      

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment