Friday 9 May 2014

Menu Planning!

Hello Dear Readers,
Sorry i have not written, I have not been well - Inflamed Duodenum! Very painful! I had my gall bladder removed a few years ago and I'm suffering with gallbladder like attacks with no gallbladder!

So I'm planning my next fortnights meals having a cuppa! My life works in fortnights as my kids go to the ex every other weekend so I tend to plan a fortnight at a time. Trying to incorporate meals the kids will eat and that are healthy! Here is a really simple weekly meal planner to use:-

http://www.kidspot.com.au/meal-planning/Weeklymealplanner.pdf


The rules of meal planning:-

1. Will the family like it? - I have two completely different children with different taste. My daughter will eat pasta and Heniz tomato sauce until the cows come home! My son loves fish, no sauces...


2. Use ingredients you have - shop at home, whats lurking in your cupboard? I love inventing meals out of odd things in freezers / cupboards / fridges. Use up first and only shop for extra bits.


3. Get recipe inspiration - I like to get inspiration from magazines like the Good Food Magazine (subscribe to), Healthy and frugal sites for meal ideas. Now i have this fortnights meals planned. Looking to keep adding every time i see inspiration. The free Asda / Tesco magazines are great for weekly meal ideas.


4. Create the meal plan , print off and add to your fridge and you will never get to hear "I'm hungry Mam - what's for tea?"


5. Make your shopping list - internet shop or take your list with you, knowing you have everything you need for the next fortnight..





So what am i going to cook?

Em x








No comments:

Post a Comment