Thursday 5 June 2014

Down shifting challenge!



Hello Dear Reader,
Have you ever down shifted on a brand to save money and nobody has noticed. My daughter loves food with her tomato sauce. Loves Heniz! So when the tomato sauce arrived from approved food 2 for £1.50. I did wonder if it was false economy or would she like it?

Yes its going down well!





M next challenge tonight is Asda Smart price Chips. I don't buy a lot of oven chips we probably eat them about once a fortnight. As work is busy, I need something easy tonight. So its beef burger and chips.

Smart price chips for £0.82! Will they notice? As a Food technologist I am aware what differences supermarkets can use recipe and ingredient wise for different marketing tiers of their product ranges.





This works out at 5.5p /100g where normally the chips I would buy are 19.9p / 100g. Verdict - "Nice chips Mam"!

Have you tried the downshift challenge? What have you tried?

 http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/downshift-challenge/

Keep saving!
Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment