Monday 23 June 2014

Budget!

Hello Dear Reader,
A lovely morning this morning! It's pay day tomorrow, as you can tell i'm excited! I have worked out a budget for July including my car tax! Hate paying car tax! Here's what I  have done:-

1. Worked out income coming in (will confirm when I have pay docket)
2. All direct debits
3. Extra out goings - car tax...
4. Budgeted for Food, Petrol, kids dinner monies, kids clubs...
5. Amount to save for emergency fund.
6. Amount left towards holidays etc..

All my food and car money is going into a different bank account and weekly I will be drawing it out and it has to last!! As you can tell I have previously just gone with the flow with money but after reading Dave Ramsey's books I want to be completely debt free including mortgage!

I recommend you read this:-

http://www.daveramsey.com/media/broadcast/mytmmo/pdf/guide-to-budgeting.pdf

Starting a new budget every month allows you to accommodate birthdays, days out, car tax etc..

Or if you are feeling tempted by http://www.frugalqueen.co.uk/ Getting ready for July's challenge where she is "Just make do with what I have July'. It means I have a complete spending break in July"!



Happy Budgeting!

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment